Welcome to my new life in Africa…

Monday, September 13, 2010

Leaving tomorrow

So the time has arrived! My flight departs tomorrow for Philadelphia. Here is my schedule for the foreseeable future:

-Fly to Philadelphia for staging (pre-departure orientation) where I get pricked and poked with more vaccines and then learn how not to die the initial days I'm there.

-Fly at 6:30 pm from JFK to Brussels, Belgium on Sept 16 and then catch an Air Brussels flight (yummm for chocolate and waffles (more likely economy nuts and diet coke)) that arrives in Yaoundé, Cameroon (the capital) at 4:45 pm on Sept 17.

-Spend five days in the capital for some more pricking and poking (a government specialty) and more orientation.

-Then three months in Bafia (a town a couple hours north of Yaoundé) for intensive language and cultural training (8 hours a day, 6 days a week)

Around early December, I will finally arrive at my post where I will live, work and hopefully have some of the best times of my life for the next two years. Any prayers and thoughts (and gifts of hand sanitizer and candy) would be much, much appreciated!!

A demain!!

7 comments:

  1. Will be sure to add those in the care-package :p

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be in our thoughts and prayers!!
    We love you and we are very very proud of you!!
    Doug and Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ;Hunter;Will be praying for you.Love Grandma& Grandpa Welch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunter - did you leave a sandwich under your pillow?
    love - dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope you and your luggage are in Cameroon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hunter miss you sooooo much already.
    Love,Micah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already miss you. Hope you're safe and doing well.

    ReplyDelete