Welcome to my new life in Africa…

Monday, September 6, 2010

One Week

So I have one week to go before I'm off for the adventure of a lifetime. I started this blog so all you friends and family can experience every up and down that hits my life and bowels.

Over the past few weeks, I have gathered any possible thing that one needs in an African country: solar shower, sandals, bandannas, Dr. Bonners peppermint soap etc. Now I'm just in the waiting game ready to get out of here and on to a very exciting next stage of life.

The only thing that I'm still trying to figure out is what to get my host family. My mom has already bought jelly beans which I think they would really like but I also want something really American. If anyone has any ideas...

5 comments:

  1. I think a four lb bag of jelly beans is about as much as the airline and your host family can handle in terms of gifts. They'll love you regardless of what you bring, though I don't think you can ever go wrong with candy :)
    I'm so excited for you! Don't slack off on the updates, please, because I'll be missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it might be tricky to transport, but I think you can pull it off:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezk0e1VL80o

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a life size poster of your parents?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss you!Good luck
    Maddie

    ReplyDelete